EXCLUSIVE! Intellivision in Hi-Fi Music CD
AN INTELLIVISION PRODUCTIONS, INC. EXCLUSIVE!
Nearly an hour of music from or inspired by the Intellivision console and games!
George "The Fat Man" Sanger performs a surf-rock version of his 1982 theme from Thin Ice, The Tilton-Tate Orchestra serves up a lounge version of the theme from Shark! Shark!, and The Buddy O Trio swings into a jazz rendition of the Snafu theme. Michael Schwartz sings the Pet Shop Boys-inspired "My Intellivision" and Tom Kahelin performs a suite of themes from the movie TRON. Electronica artist Confusium presents "Compare This!" and "Closest Thing to the Real Thing," original pieces featuring vocal samples from Intellivision games and TV commercials. Rounding out the album is music from a number of Intellivision cartridges and unreleased games, recorded on an actual Intellivision console.
From Intellivision Music/Retrotopia Records.
1. Compare This! > Confusium
Intellivision Themes > The Intellivision Console
2. Snafu / 3. Shark! Shark! / 4. Buzz Bombers / 5. Mind Strike / 6. The Jetsons’ Ways with Words / 7. Melody Blaster (Blasters Blues) / 8. Thin Ice (Carnival of the Penguins)
9. Billiards Blues > Jimmy Martin
10. Surfin’ On Thin Ice > The Fat Man
Classics on Intellivision > The Intellivision Console
11. Also Sprach Zarathustra / 12. Bach Toccata in D Minor / 13. Purcell's Rondeau from Abdelazar, Schubert's Unfinished Symphony, Moussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain, Beethoven's Ninth Symphony
14. Lounge Shark! Lounge Shark! > The Tilton-Tate Orchestra
15. Maple Leaf Rag > The Intellivision Console
16. My Intellivision (1982 Mix) > Michael Schwartz
Unreleased Intellivision > The Intellivision Console
17. James Bond Theme / 18. You Deserve a Break Today / 19. Linus & Lucy / 20. Blow Out / 21. Yogi’s Frustration / 22. Rocky & His Friends / 23. The Bullwinkle Show
24. Snafu City > The Buddy O Trio
25. The Closest Thing to the Real Thing > Confusium
26. TRON 1.1 > Tom Kahelin
WHAT THE CRITICS SAY
"George Sanger’s surf-rockin’ “Surfing On Thin Ice”...is in itself a good reason to buy this CD. Jazzy interpretations of music from Snafu and Shark! Shark! also prove to be entertaining. Confusium provides two tracks featuring copious samples of Intellivision sound effects and vintage TV ads starring George Plimpton... Best of all, however, is Michael Schwartz’s “My Intellivision”, an appropriately new wave-flavored pop tribute to the machine, sung from the perspective of someone who pines for his long-lost Intellivision. [T]his album’s diverse sampling of original sounds and reinterpretations should have something to please just about everyone." - TheLogBook.com